Gentle, effective chiropractic care can help restore normal motion and minimise the progression of any problems.
Chiropractic is commonly thought of as a treatment for low back pain but it helps to maintain proper function of the spine and whole musculoskeletal framework of your body and can be very effective in the treatment of a wide variety of conditions, including:
• Joint pains including hip and knee pain from osteoarthritis as an adjunct to core OA treatments and exercise
• General aches and pains including those of joints, muscle spasms and cramp
• General, acute and chronic backache, back pain including Lumbago
• Uncomplicated mechanical neck pain
• Headache arising from the neck (i.e. cervicogenic)
• Frozen shoulder, shoulder or elbow pain, or tennis elbow arising from associated musculoskeletal conditions of the back and neck, but not isolated occurrences
• Prevention of migraine
• Tension and inability to relax (through lifestyle advice rather than chiropractic care)
As well as manipulation, we may use a variety of techniques including heat, ultrasound, exercise and acupuncture.
Chiropractors can give lifestyle advice and recommendations to women through their pregnancy.
Sciatica is frequently treated by chiropractors.